Reiki is a form of energy healing with it’s roots in Japanese origin. Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is two Japanese words which mean Universal Life (Rei) and (Ki) which means Energy, an energy which is all around us.
It’s easier to get your head around if you think of energy first, we all know that energy flows through all living things, right? Of course, how else would it be alive! So a persons energy or ‘ki’ should be strong and free flowing to be performing at it’s best, but what if it’s not because of stress, illness, emotional imbalance etc well…that’s where reiki comes in! It’s a gentle, natural way of helping you restore balance and regain a strong free flowing energy state.
When we are in balance we are physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually balanced and our body and mind are in a positive state of health. When we are not the energy can get weak, blocked or imbalanced which could lead to symptoms of physical or emotional imbalance.
The magic of Reiki is a healing technique where the Reiki Practitioner is a channel for the energy to help you rebalance and strengthen our natural healing process. One of the focuses for this is by balancing the chakras (energy centres) in the body.
Around the world we refer to this energy differently ‘ki’ in Japan, ‘chi’ in china and ‘prana’ in india with so many forms of therapy to help keep this energy flowing and balanced such as yoga, acupuncture, reflexology and various forms of martial arts.
I’m a huge fan of reiki and believe it can be a beautiful, natural, gentle and non-invasive way to rebalance. Often described is a deeply relaxing and peaceful experience, which can leave you feeling balanced and rejuvenated.
some of the different areas reiki can help with:
– Reiki can naturally help create a state of deep relaxation
– Balance and a release of stress, anxieties and tension.
– Enhances learning, memory and mental clarity
– Help you to let go of negative thoughts, patterns, behaviours and attitudes,
– It can enhance your intuitive abilities
-Gain greater insight and self-awareness.
– Reiki supports and accelerates the body’s natural ability to heal itself
– Helps release blockages
– Can alleviate pain and other symptoms
– Reiki can help to create harmony and balance in the entire body
– Helps balance the emotions
– Bring clarity to the mind
– Reiki can help heal emotional wounds.
– Can enhance your ability to love and helps you to open up to the people around you
– Can help improve your capacity for empathy & connect with people on a deeper level.
– Help relieve during emotional distress, sorrow and grieving
– Clear & cleanse emotions
– Reiki promotes the qualities of love, understanding and acceptance
– Can help guides you on your path towards spiritual growth and development.
– It helps you heal resulting in a greater love and acceptance of your whole self and to have compassion for both yourself and others.
– Can bring about the realisation that you are part of something magnificent and greater than yourself and enable a sense of one-ness and connection to the universe