help anxiety, overwhelm, burnout etc.
Our latest addition – the ‘reset’ massage. Following the success of our ‘reset package‘ we are now offering sessions to reset the body, mind & soul.
These sessions are tailored for you and your needs on the day. Rebalance and reset the body & mind with particular focus on every movement to directly talk to your nervous system so that it can flip back into it’s natural ‘rest and relaxation’ mode (the parasympathetic nervous system) and out of ‘fight or flight’ mode.
Massage can be a particularly powerful when used to support our nervous system’s health and regulation so that it can perform it’s vital functions effectively. Massage therapy can stimulate or sooth the nerves using different techniques depending on the needed outcome.
how does the reset massage work?
One of the powers of massage therapy is the power of touch. Whenever we are touched, receptor cells on your body are stimulated into action. The style and technique used of touch in this massage sends signals and transmit along your nervous system, to your brain and other parts of the body to feel calm, safe, balanced and relaxed again.
To function properly our nerves should be free from restriction and compression. Tension within the body can create pressure on the nerves and system.
To work effectively your nervous system needs to work in harmony, be operating in it’s ‘safe’ rest and healing mode most of the time and be in balance. Modern day life often isn’t conducive to this and external day to day pressures are a common way that the system becomes unbalanced over time.
It can also:
- support increased communication through touch and pressure which activates the receptors on the skin and underlying tissue for healthy activity.
- relaxes the muscles
- can help release any blocks of the nerves by reducing compression in the nerve if caused by muscle tension
- helps to re-establish healthy responses and reflexes to stimulus through its effect on the neuromuscular paths.
- created the production of endorphins (feel good hormones and natural pain killers) as it affects on the neurotransmitters of the brain
- calms the nervous system and encourages it to enter into the ‘rest and healing’ state which can ease symptoms of anxiety and depression
Whether you’re struggling with high levels of stress, burnout, overwhelm, anxiety, apathy, depression (the list goes on…) the reset massage could be a great way to kick start your rebalance or a great addition to your self care routine.