The practice of Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) is a Japanese name consisting of 2 words Rei and Ki meaning spiritually guided life force energy (commonly known as Universal Life Energy), an energy which is found all around us.
It is an original method of healing, developed by Mikao Usui in Japan early in the 20th century, which is activated by intention. It works on every level, not just the physical.
Eastern medicine has always recognised and worked with this energy, which flows through all living things and is vital to our well-being. You may be more familiar with it, known as ‘ki’ in Japan, ‘chi’ in China and ‘prana’ in India. Acupuncture, T’ai chi, Feng Shui, martial arts and Yoga are also based on the free-flow of this energy in a person.
Reiki is a non-invasive therapy, it’s purpose is to treat holistically and to restore complete balance of mind, body and spirit.
Reiki’s gentle energy is easily adapted to most medical conditions and may be used safely in any situation. Being complementary, Reiki works effectively alongside conventional healthcare and natural remedies, and can enhance everyday living. Regular sessions may help to promote development of a healthier, more resourceful state of being. Here are a few benefits of Reiki:
- Promotes natural self-healing
- Helping with stress & tiredness
- Supports the immune system
- Balances the energies in the body
- Aids better sleep
- Balances the organs and glands
- Feeling more calm & peaceful
- Treats symptoms and causes of illness
- Pain relief
- Clears toxins
- Adapts to the natural needs of the receiver
- Enhances personal awareness
- Creates deep relaxation
- Promotes creativity
- Releases blocked and suppressed feelings
- Aids meditation and positive thinking
- Heals holistically
- Balancing body mind & spirit
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins
- It accelerates the body’s self-healing process
- Balancing and boosting your energy
- Balancing emotions
- Reduces blood pressure