There’s no denying the power of bodywork. Whatever your reason for wanting a massage whether it’s for pampering, rejuvenating or therapeutic, a luxurious treat, stress relief, pain management or self-maintenance, massage therapy can be powerful in your healthcare regime.
Massage has been used for centuries as an instinctive way to relieve muscle tension and to relax the body and mind. The way that we feel can have a direct physical effect on our body, so by inducing relaxation and stress relief both the body and mind can benefit from a massage treatment. It is a holistic approach that can be used alongside conventional medicines.
Here are just some of the benefits:
- Promotes relaxation
- Reduces stress & anxiety
- Ease of muscular tension, soreness & stiffness
- Improved skin tone, circulation & elasticity
- Helps elimination of toxins & swelling
- Boosts immune system
- Relieves tired & stiff joints
- Can increase energy levels
- Aids better sleep & reduces insomnia
- Improves muscle tone
- Improves oxygen flow in the circulation
- Helps rid the muscle cells of toxins and improves lymphatic drainage
- Helps induce a psychological ‘feel good factor’
- Stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable
- Stimulates the skin and nervous system and soothes the nerves themselves at the same time
Massage therapy works on the entire body so that all areas of potential stress and tension are reached and addressed. It is thought that massage produces positive effects on the mind and body by releasing feel good chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin.